This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Fall has officially arrived, and regardless of the 80 degree weather here in Tallahassee, it’s time to pull out some of my favorite fall nail picks! Some of the go-to shades for fall include dark hues of blue, green, purple, and red. Don’t forget to throw in a tickle of pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Glitter is not only essential for your fall fingers but it is also a great way to preserve color. In the picture below I used Confetti “Black Tie” to bring in autumn. After about 4 days with some chips here and there, I threw on Orly’s “Sashay My Way” to make the look pop and last a few days longer.

Designs are also great for this season (and, every other season). Even if you have no artistic capabilities, you can use household items (toothpicks, ballpoint pens, and rattail combs) to make cute dots and stripes which add pizzazz to any mani!

Finally, I’ve been nail hoarding the last few weeks to switch out my cool, summer colors for a sultry fall lineup. Here are some great local deals that I’ve found!

• Sally Beauty Supply is clearing out their inventory with an additional 50% off red tag clearance items! Make sure to look around the store since they leave several items on the shelf that has red tags (tricky, tricky!)

• Family Dollar has the Art Deco brand of stripe nail polish in ALL SHADES for $1 ALL THE TIME! Take advantage of these treasures before big wigs like Family Dollar realize the absurdity and hike the prices up!

• The best kept secret in “Nail World” is Confetti brand nail polish. It’s carried at CVS and is by far one of my favorite brands to purchase when my funds are low. They have a whole spectrum of colors for the regular price of $1.99. When on sale, you can get certain shades for only 99 cents! The colors are super vibrant and best of all, they don’t chip four days later.

I hope this helps all you mani/pedi-heads stay polished to perfection this fall!

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.