Ebony’s Power 100 Bleeds Orange and Green

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Congratulations to Florida Argicultural & Mechanical University’s 11th president, Dr. Elmira Mangum, for being listed on Ebony Magazine‘s 2014 “Power 100” list. Mangum made history this year by becoming FAMU’s first female president and 11th president in its 127 year legacy. The magazine will host a celebration for the list-featured most influential and inspiring African- American men and women around the world on November 19.

Alumni such as Phillip Agnew, community activist, and Will Packer, producer and filmmaker, were also recognized by Ebony for their great sucesses. Agnew is the executive directer of Dream Defenders, which is known for advocating for justice for the murder of Trayvon Martin. Packer has made and produced hits such as No Good Deed and Stomp the Yard; franchises Ride Along and Think Like A Man.

Among successful alumni listed Twelve Years a Slave actress, Lupita Nyongo, female Little League Baseball pitcher, Mo’ne Davis and Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal creator and writer, Shonda Rhimes. Congrats again to our listed Rattlers! May you always Strike, and Strike and Strike Again!

Bianca Jean. A new smile on the beautiful campus of Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University. Writer Singer Lover Instagram: @just.call.me.b Jeanbianca90@gmail.com