Celebrity Makeup Artist : Takirah Allen ’15 #SHOUTOUTTOTHEGRADS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Takirah Allen is a Freelance Makeup Artist located in the Tallahassee area.  She attends Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University where she is known as the go-to Makeup Artist on campus and in the surrounding areas.  Takirah is trying to expand her horizons and venture outside of the Tallahassee area where she can build a better name for herself and get the Ambiance, LLC name out there. She is a sweet-heart and is really dedicated to her work.  I had fun interviewing Takirah and I hope you enjoy reading our interview! 

Name: Takirah Allen

Nickname:  TK

Major:  Occupational Therapy

Hometown:  Tampa, FL

Campus Involvement:  Health Occupational Students of America,  Student Occupational Association,  The Student Chapter of The Big Bend Minority Chamber of Commerce,  The National Council of Negro Women

HC:  What is your favorite thing to do?

Takirah:  My favorite thing to do is makeup.

HC:  What inspired you to become a makeup artist?

Takirah:  I was inspired by the beauty of it all.  Makeup gives me a confidence and makes me feel like even more of a baddie than I am without it.

HC:  What is the nicest compliment you have ever receieved?

Takirah:  Most often people will tell me that I have really nice teeth, but I think the nicest compliment would be when I am told that my makeup is beautiful :)

HC: What is your favorite product?

Takirah: I do not have a favorite product.  I use a variety of products for my makeup and my skincare routine.

HC: How has FAMU helped you build your career?

Takirah:  FAMU has helped me build my networking skills and allowed me to come into my own.  The lessons I have learned at FAMU have prepared me for the real world and encouraged me to become even more of an entreprenuer.  

HC:  How does it feel to be considered a celebrity to the “stars”?

Takirah: I don’t feel like a “star”, because I believe that we are all here trying to make it.

HC: What would people be surprised to know about you?

Takirah:  I am a really shy person and I get really nervous when I have to do someone elses makeup, but I put all of that aside and do my best.

HC:What advice would you give to aspiring makeup artist?

Takirah:  Keep practicing! Keep practicing! Keep practicing, and your hard work will show!

Twitter/Instagram: @tk.ambitious