The “Boyfriend Jean”: A Must Have Item for Every Girl’s Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Have you purchased your boyfriend jeans yet? As the days begin to get warmer and the sunshine starts to stay longer, high-waisted shorts and sandals have begun to make their way into stores and around campuses. Spring is here! It’s time to thaw out and get to the mall to start filling your wardrobe with the most essential looks for the upcoming season.

One trend that will carry on from the winter is boyfriend jeans. The boyfriend jean is a fashion trend that keeps evolving each season. Spring, summer, winter, or fall boyfriend jeans can accommodate an outfit in any weather. The jeans are appropriate at school, work, and especially on the weekends. Now, the boyfriend jean is not your average skinny jean or regular boot cut jean. You should go ahead and ditch the skinnies and try this new trend.

This term comes from when a woman might borrow jeans from their boyfriend. They tend to be looser and end at the ankle with or without a cuff. The way I wear these bad boys are more girly. I love to glam them up with a tailored blazer, statement necklace, and popping colored heel. These jeans are for everyone! They will look great if done right. The color, wash, and cut will look good on all, dressed up or down. See the above picture on how to wear them in multiple ways. Don’t forget that the best look is the one that makes you feel comfortable in your own skin. And remember, “Life is runway, show everyone what you’ve got and never let them see you fall.”

Photo Credit:  The Store Blog