8 New Fall Fashion Books To Check Out ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

90 great days of fall has started. This means unlimited Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes, fall makeup looks, a wardrobe change and a great excuse to pick up a new book from your local bookstore. Here are some great books that have come out that are great to read, on fashion, love, beauty, life and more.

1. The Women I Wanted to Be by Diane Von Furstenberg

Infamously known for bringing the DVF wrap dress to the world of fashion, Diane Von Furstenberg offers a book on becoming the women she wanted to be. From childhood, the beginnings of her career to raising a family and becoming a fashion icon; Diane speaks words of honesty and wisdom in her new book, which was released October 28, 2014.

2. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned” by Lena Dunham

The acclaimed creator, producer and star of HBO’s Girls, Lena Dunham, proves once again that she is a jack of all trades in her upcoming collection of essays. Recently, Dunham has received a lot of backlash for her memoir for critics which hit the bookstores September 30, 2014.

3. Refinery29: Style Stalking by Piera Gelardi & Christene Barberich

Refinery29 is arguably one of the greatest street style and fashion news destinations to date. This is the perfect book that celebrates street and personal style. Editor-in-Chief and Executive Creative Director pair up for this great read filled with beautiful people, clothes and more. You can find it in bookstores now.

4. Women in Clothes by Sheila Heti

A collection of conversations among hundreds of women of all nationalities on the subject of clothing, and how the garments we put on every day define and shape our lives. Women answered a survey designed to have them think more deeply about their personal style. The book hit shelves September 4, 2014.

5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Poehler’s highly anticipated first book discusses personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice. Her hilarious voice is captured in this book which hit stands October 28, 2014.

6. Tory Burch: In Color by Tory Burch

Known for her signature designer pieces, Tory Burch explores inspiration through color in her first book. From how she entertains, style icons to her own collections and travels. With a foreword written by Anna Wintour, the book is sure to be a great introduction into the life of a successful designer icon. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this book will benefit the Tory Burch Foundation and can be picked up in stores now.

7. Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success – Online and Off by Michelle Phan

Using her skill and knowledge of beauty, Phan is a YouTube tutorial success. Phan offers advice to help you transform every facet of your life in her new book. From the everyday (such as how to get glowing skin) to the big picture (such as how to turn your passion into a profession), Make Up is a practical and empowering resource to help anyone put their best face forward. You can pick up this how-to guide today.

8. I’ll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist by Betty Halbreich

Betty Halbreich has spent nearly forty years as the legendary personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman. She has helped many find their true selves through clothes, frank advice, and her own brand of wisdom and this is exactly what her book is about. As Halbreich says, “There are two things nobody wants to face: their closet and their mirror.” Halbreich’s book is in stores now.

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.