3 Ways to Wear White this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

I’ve always strayed away from the color white when I’ve shopped because my mom would always say,”white gets dirty”. However, I found myself in Old Navy recently eyeing a white coat (prior to the Solange white wedding takeover). While I walked around the store I noticed that the white items were everywhere! The new trend this winter appears to be the crisp and clean look that white provides. Many celebrities have posted pictures on Instagram in their white ensembles while adjusting the trend to fit their own particular styles. Who says that we can’t join in on the fun? Here are 3 ways you can wear white this winter!

1. White on White

I just adore a white top and white bottom together! It gives you a clean and open slate for accessorizing. When wearing all white, you can create a bold statement with bright and colorful shoes and jewelry or you can keep it simple with neutral colors. Whatever your preference is, this look gives you plenty of freedom to “do what you wanna”! 

2. The White Coat

So, I admit that I have been obsessed with the show ‘Scandal’, starring Kerry Washington. I look forward to every Thursday to see what white coat she’ll be wearing. If you’re just as obsessed as I am, or if you just like white coats, this is definitely something you should try. With the winds blowing up on the hill, a good coat is essential to us as we walk around campus (it being white is just a plus). 

3. White Jeans

You may already have a pair of white jeans in your wardrobe. If you do, here’s your chance to whip them out! White jeans started to appear in the stores earlier in the year for the spring season, but they can also be worn during the colder months. Paired with sweaters and layered shirts, these bad boys provide the extra “oomph” to any outfit. If you really want to go the extra mile, heels are a must. You’ll look like you took hours to get dressed when in all actuality, it took no time. 

A third year Business Administration student from the home of the college of love and charity, Tallahassee, Florida.