How to Celebrate Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

When you’re a busy student, it’s easy to get caught up in your own world. I don’t necessarily mean in a selfish way, but life can run away with us and we can forget about all the little and important things in it. In honour of Random Act of Kindness Day, which was the 17th of February, here a few kind little gestures you could do to still celebrate it. After all, you don’t only have to be kind one day out of the year. 

1. Make dinner for a flatmate.They’ll be sure to appreciate it!

2. Call up an old friend.Sometimes it’s good to re-connect with people of the past.

3. Donate money to charity.

As students we don’t always have a ton of money to spare, but even just donating a pound or two to a charity makes a difference. 

4. Volunteer at a local event.

There’s always one or two volunteering opportunities somewhere so go and join one! It helps build character and looks really good on your CV. 

5. Help someone in need.

Go and help someone in need! Tutor someone on a topic that’s diffuclt for them or even be a listening ear to someone who needs it.

6. Pay someone a compliment.

Brighten up someone else’s day by complimenting them! Compliment their smile, their clothing, or even their personality!

6. Tell your family and friends you love them.

People love being told that they’re loved. 

7. Share what you have. 

So many people don’t have the necessaties we’re lucky enough to have! 

Life is too short to be cruel, so be kind to others when you can. 

I'm a first year Creative Events Management student at Falmouth University in Cornwall. I'm a beauty queen from Wiltshire andI'm currently Face of The Globe England 2017!