12 Things Every Falmouth Uni Student Knows to be True

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

All of us at Falmouth University have shared one (or more) similar experience while living in Cornwall  some of them extraordinarily socially painful and other just add that little bit of life we need in our studious lives! 

1. Feeling immediately claustrophobic at Fresher Fayre. As if being trapped with a ton of other first years wasn’t stressful enough, company representatives and employees are shoving and waving pens and fliers in your face (although we will always accept multiple pizza vouchers!)

2. The unbelievably long lines for Stannary events.

3. The mysteriously sticky floor in Club I and the concerning smell of feet that seems to never leave no matter how many drinks we’ve had. 

4. The heartbreak we all collectively felt when we found out that there isn’t a single Nando’s that exists in all of Cornwall. 

5. The feeling of our hearts swelling with joy when there’s ample space to study and do work in the library. 

6. The never-ending banter between vegans and meat-eaters. 

7. When everyone has their hair dyed a bright, unnatural colour and having a natural hair colour makes you the odd one out. 

8. When we all mourned the loss of Mangoes when it was forced to close (forever in our hearts).

9. How we all collectively love Dawn French. 

10. When you learned that the seagulls in Falmouth are essentially a street gang. 

11. That moment when you realised you can get dressed in the dark and wear a totally mismatched outfit to uni and no one will judge you. 

12. And finally, feeling like you’ve been transported into an alternate dimension when the bus actually comes on time. 

Hi there! My name is Genesis and I'm the CC for Her Campus Falmouth! I also currently study English with Creative Writing at Falmouth Universty! I'm originally from New York City but I'm abroad for university. Some of the things I love include the colour pink, furry and fat animals, watching films, going for walks, taking pictures of animals, reading sci-fi, and writing!