jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Weekend Etiquette: Classy VS Trashy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Do you ever feel like sometimes on a night out you ride the line between classy and trashy? Do not fear! Follow this checklist to have a fun, yet still classy night out.

Part 1: Dinner

The Classy WayIf you want to keep it classy, start off by actually eating dinner. If you think skipping dinner before drinking is smart, think again. Go to dinner with your girls before getting ready to go out, and as tempting as those fruity cocktails may seem, limit yourself to only 2. You have a long night ahead of you, and let’s just say drunken makeup never turns out well. 

The Trashy WayYou skip dinner to save calories and have 5 cocktails BEFORE the pre-game.

Part 2: Getting ready

The Classy WayWhen looking for the perfect going outfit, you can still be sexy while keeping in classy. Pick one physical feature and play it up. If you wear a plunging neckline, pair it with a flowy skirt. If you prefer to show off your stomach and wear a cropped top, wear something high-waisted so you aren’t showing too much skin. The key is to be sexy without over-doing it. Dress yourself up with a classy necklace and sock bun, and you are good to go, cheers!

The Trashy WayYou open your closet and immediately look for the shortest, tightest, skimpiest outfit. Anything that is loose and covers too much is a definite out. And a push-up bra is always necessary. 

Part 3: The Pre-game

The Classy WayYou enjoy a couple cocktails with your friends as you get ready to go to the bar. Knowing you will be going to the bar, you make sure you’re in a controlled state before you go out.

The Trashy WayThe main goal of the pre-game is one thing: get as wasted as you possibly can before going to the bar.

Part 4: The Bar

The Classy WayYou walk into the bar with a nice buzz, but still in control, and greet your friends.

The Trashy WayYou walk into the bar like you own the place and obviously draw attention to yourself with your skimpy outfit not so sober state.

Part 6: Dancing

The Classy WayClassy girls love to dance and have a good time, but in a way that would still make their grandmother proud. I think you know what I mean.

The Trashy WayOnce a sip of alcohol has past your lips, you feel like Beyonce. If there is a table, you better believe you are up there dropping it low.

Part 7: The Aftermath

The Classy WayAfter a long night out, you drink a glass of water and are off to bed.

The Trashy WayConsidering you didn’t eat dinner and you’re probably 10+ drinks in, all you can think about is pizza. Good thing you have Dominos saved in you contacts.

Part 8: The morning after

The Classy WayYou wake up the next morning feeling fine and ready for your daily run, while you look at your hung-over roommates like…

The Trashy WayBetween the tequila and pizza, your head and tummy aren’t feeling so great. Looks like you’re doomed for a day of feeling hung-over.

Molly Leidig is a bubbly Fairfield University senior Communication major with a minor in Journalism. She is originally from Delaware (YES, Delaware is a state!) and hopes to live in the big apple after graduation. In her time at Fairfield, she was captain of the Cross-Country team, Coffee-Break editor at the Fairfield Mirror, and currently interns at Marie Claire magazine. She enjoy chocolate, kisses & coffee. Follow her on Instagram/Twitter @MollDollTrouble.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!