Top 6 Best Easter Candies to Indulge in this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The Easter season is great because it means that springtime is here! The best thing about the Easter season is all of the delicious and festive candy that comes out to help us celebrate! Here are some of the top Easter candies to calm your sweet tooth with this year.

1. Easter Themed Hershey Kisses

These are the exact same as the original milk chocolate Hershey Kisses, but they’re wrapped up in pretty pastel-colored foil. How could you turn these down when they look so nice? And who is going to say no to milk chocolate?!

2. Peeps

Peeps are one of the most popular Easter candies. The colored sugar covered marshmallows shaped as little chicks that we all grew up looking forward to getting in our Easter baskets now come in many different shapes and colors. They are even made for different holidays, like Halloween. The best is when you put them in the microwave for 5 seconds, watch them puff up, and enjoy the melted marshmallow goodness. Be careful not to let them explode in your microwave though!

3. Robin Eggs

From the makers of Whoppers, these malted milk candies come in multiple pastel colors and are made to look like robin eggs! They’re super festive for the Easter season!

4. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs

Reese’s are already to die for with their chocolate and peanut butter combination that we just can’t resist. For Easter, they come out with egg shaped ones that are perfect to fill your baskets with!

5. Jelly Beans

Jelly beans are around all year and come in a multitude of colors for each holiday season, but the pastel colors and flavors that come out during the Easter season are ~so good~! It is so easy to just grab a handful and enjoy!

6. Chocolate Bunnies

Last but certainly not least – chocolate bunnies! We can’t forget about this signature candy of the Easter season. I always look forward to getting my chocolate bunny and taking little bits off at a time to enjoy!

Have a safe and happy Easter everyone! Enjoy the sweets!

Catherine Santangelo is a first year student here at Fairfield University, and is from Pelham, New Hampshire. She is a Communications major, Educational Studies minor, and plans to get her Masters in Elementary Education to become a teacher. In her free time she loves to listen to music, watch the Boston Bruins, and laugh with her friends. She is super excited to be a part of the Her Campus team this year and looks forward to writing many articles for readers to enjoy!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com