The hype of boy bands was an essential and well-deserved component to our adolescence. Let’s admit it, we all had our particular pop group obsessions…one primary fad being the “all holy” N*SYNC. Overnight, our bedroom walls were cluttered with posters of JT’s eyes gazing down at us, and our Walkman’s were constantly blasting “Bye, Bye, Bye”. Our hearts couldn’t help but crumble into a million pieces when they broke up, but when they recently reunited at the VMA’s, we found ourselves crying tears of joy. Not many bands left such an impact on their fans. Justin, JC, Joey, Lance and Chris established an undeniably superior legacy and here are some reasons why:
1. “Tearin’ Up My Heart” helped you get through your toughest of times.
2. For most of us, they were our first crush.
3. They danced like no one we’ve ever seen.
4. Their style was composed of silver, denim and camouflage…and we loved it.
5. Their music videos were practically another form of art.
6. They were playful and silly.
7. They practically ruled the stage.
8. We all aspired to be marionettes after seeing the “Bye, Bye, Bye” music video.
9. We could recite every word to “Pop” before we took our next breath.
10. Their temporary collaboration with Britney Spears was everything we wished to see and more.