Things We Love: Momentum Fitness

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

A J-Lo like booty is the goal, but sometimes a sculpted behind is easier said than done. Luckily for you, we’ve discovered the fitness class your butt has been dreaming of: Pound-Rockout Workout at Momentum Fitness. Seriously, that bodycon dress you bought will want to personally thank us for telling you about this.

When I walked into the Momentum Fitness studio, which is beneath the downtown bookstore, I knew that I was about to take a class called  Pound-Rockout Workout. What I didn’t know though, was that my thighs would never feel the same.

Pound-Rockout Workout is a 45 minutes workout that combines cardio moves with strength training and drumming. You’re basically squatting and doing abs for 45 minutes straight while moving your arms the entire time.

Intense music, banging of drumsticks, and owner/instructor Nathalia Ferreira’s contagious enthusiasm makes for one kick*ss workout. I speak for the entire Her Campus Fairfield team when I say we couldn’t walk for about two days after taking this class. It felt great.

Momentum Fitness is affordable with a $42 monthly rate for students. There’s no contract involved, so you have the flexibility to pay as you go. I’ve tried plenty of fitness classes, but have never felt as productive as I did after Momentum Fitness’s Pound-Rockout Workout.

We loved our Momentum Fitness experience so much that we want you to experience it for yourself, for free. Just share this article on Twitter and tag @HCFairfieldU to be entered to win a class! Four winners will be chosen.

Follow Danielle on Twitter

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!