The Six Types of Texters We Love to Hate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Long gone are the days where it’s about your personality, it’s now about your texting personality too. Texting is probably one of our biggest love hate relationships, it’s great when you’re having a cute flirty conversation but it’s awful when the conversation is dying and it feels like the apocalypse. We can’t really escape *anyone* thanks to texting, and we certainly can’t escape these six types of texters. Read on to hear about the different kidns we encounter and see who will pop into your head for each. 

1. The Cliff Hanger

Alright, this isn’t an episode of Scandal, there’s no need to keep us on the edge of our seat. Cliff Hanger, what is the point in texting us if you’re just going to end the conversation as quickly as you started it? This type of texter brings out our inner athlete, because when our phone buzzes we sprint as fast as we can, hoping it’s a response. So thank you Cliff Hanger, for never texting us back and making us annoyed at every person who does text us while we hope for an answer from you. 

2. The Drunk Texter

We forget that we even have your number until you’re drunk. We go all week without speaking but when Friday night roles around a text message arrives like clock work. Drunk Texter, we appreciate your enthusiasm in regards to hanging out, however, is that even English?

3. The Serious Texter

Why so serious? Your constant use of periods have us wondering what we did to piss you off. Granted, you are just being grammatically correct but come on, loosen up a little bit and give that period key a break. Until then, thank you Serious Texter for making our conversation painfully boring, and fairly intimidating.  

4. The Fake Texter

Holy excitment. When you text us just about every word has an exclamation point next to it. Somehow when you ask a question you still manage to sneak in an exclamation point. Fake Texter, we know there is a hidden agenda within your text message, and no amount of exclamation points can fool us!!!!!!

5. The Wrong Texter

Ah arguably the worst of them all, the Wrong Texter. Anyone can be this type of texter, so think before you send. Wrong Texter, thank you for telling me how much Danielle has been on your nerves lately. By the way, I’m Danielle.

6. The Clinger

Poor clinger, your enthusiasm is sweet but you aren’t the guy for us. How come these texts always come from the wrong one ( i.e, Cliff Hanger). As sweet as you may be Clinger, it’s time to move on. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!