This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

My life is a constant battle between enthusiastically supporting my shopping addiction and draining my bank account while doing so. I am sure most collegiettes can relate. There’s a genius and simple solution to solve our problem- Poshmark.

Poshmark is an app that allows you to buy and sell your own clothes and accessories in an easy way. I have been doing it for quite some time, and I’ve found that it is a great way to make some quick cash in a fun, simple way. I love combining my passion for all things style and fashion, and Poshmark helps me to exercise that passion while making money.

To get started, set up an account and look through your closet. Put aside any clothes that just don’t do it for you anymore.  My rule of thumb is if you haven’t worn it for two seasons, get rid of it.

Now that you have all of the items that you want to trade in, get listing! It is a simple process to take pictures and add descriptions for the items you intend to sell.  Keep your description simple, but be honest! If it’s pretty beat up, don’t stay the item is in perfect condition.

It’s important to take note that including pictures of the items you’re selling being modeled and styled will attract more buyers. Also, adding the phrase, “NWT”, which means new with tags, to your product descriptions is always an added bonus.

Once you have your items listed, you’re almost there. You’ll start to get some attention. People may ‘like’ your products, which means they’re interested, but they might not commit to buying it. Some users might comment to ask for additional information about a piece, for more pictures, or even for a price drop of a specific item. Always answer your comments. It’s a great way to show you care, and customers appreciate that. Be willing to negotiate prices if you deem appropriate.

It may not happen overnight, but eventually you’ll get a sale. Congratulations! Poshmark automatically takes out a small portion for commission and shipping, and the rest is all yours. All you do now is ship it off and ta-da, you’re a certified “posher”.

Feel free to spice up your shipping with fun tissue paper and maybe a note to the customer. Slowly but surely this could become your own little business, all right out of your dorm! So have fun with it, be creative, and enjoy the reward!

Megan is a Fairfield University freshman majoring in international business.  She has a love for all things fashion. Born on Long Island, but a NYC wannabe. 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!