Revamped and Ready To Go Dining

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Change is here Stags! Dining services have been revamped and enhanced to meet every student’s needs this year at Fairfield University. After a long process the school has decided to stick with Sodexo and signed a five year contract, according to the assistant vice president of student affairs Jim Fitzpatrick. Five main concepts have now been put into place around campus: 

1. Extended HoursBarone will be open later Sunday through Thursday until 10p.m.! Yes I said 10p.m.! No more starvation after turbos! The salad bar, grill, and pizza stations will be kept open and others will possibly be rotated in.

2. New Coffee Spots Around CampusWhat does a Fairfield Stag love more than Starbucks in the Fall? Nothing! And now all you Stags get to enjoy your favorite drinks right on campus in the new full service Starbucks located in the DiMenna-Nyselius Library opening for our enjoyment on September 1st. Cravings can also be satisfied in the new Dolan School of Business Café with coffee or a quick grab & go snack.

3. Grab & GoAs many of you know, sometimes there just isn’t enough time during the day to sit down and eat a full meal in Barone. But with this new Grab & Go option available on class days from 11a.m.-2p.m. right below the Mezzanine in the BCC, students can exchange their meal swipes for a quick bite to go.

4. Meal ExchangeLooking for more options or just don’t feel like dealing with the crowds in Barone? Well now every class day from 1p.m.-4p.m. you can use your meal swipes for something delicious in the new and improved Stag to switch things up a bit!

5. Friday and Saturday DinnersThis change was particularly geared toward first and second year students, in order to make them feel more comfortable and provide them with an opportunity to unwind without leaving campus, said Jim Fitzpatrick. Every Friday night between 4p.m. and 7:30p.m, there will be comfort foods served for dinner in Barone.  In addition, every Saturday night there will be a specially themed dinner served, a nice change of pace for the students.

Barone will now feature many more options for everyone including students with food allergies. The allergen-free station has been moved and expanded with increased offerings. The salad bar was also especially tended to, with an addition of new healthy and delicious options for students to enjoy.

FUSA, faculty, and staff have been working to adhere to the needs and desires of the student body at Fairfield and it’s only the first phase of improvement according to Jim Fitzpatrick. 

Photo Credit: http://martalblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/healthy-eating-tips-at-fairfield-university/

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!