The Only 8 Items You Need to Pack for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We are finally approaching spring break! For some of us that means catching up on sleep, cuddling with our pets, enjoying home cooked meals or making some extra cash. However, for others it means a fun-filled week of sunbathing, adventures and packing for vacation festivities ahead… Yes, packing, the one thing most people hate about going on any trip. Have no fear, we have a list of the eight essential items you need to pack for an unforgettable week in the sun!

1. Bathing suit Whether it is a bikini or the new and improved one-pieces, all you need is a swimsuit to get your splish-splash on! 
  2. Flip Flops  Casual and effortless, flip flops are a must. Plus, your toes deserve some of those UV-Rays too. 
  3. Cover up Every girl needs a cute cover-up to go with her trendy bathing suit as she takes on the sand and saltwater.
  4. Sundress  Sundresses are extremely versatile. You can wear them for a casual walk on the beach or dress them up with accessories and wedges for a night out. Go out dancing and show those islanders what you’ve got! 
  5. Shorts  High waisted, denim short shorts or flowy patterned- it’s your choice. 
  6. Tank Tops Ideal for keeping you comfortable, cool, and chic. 
  7. Light Jacket 

Even if you are travelling to the warmest place you could think of, weather can be unpredictable. Bring a light jacket for those unexpected rainy days and cooler nights. 

8. Beach Tote Bag   If you’re going to be on the beach or exploring through cobble stone streets in an old city with the sun blazing down on you, you’re going to need a tote bag with your weekly essentials. Sunscreen, sunglasses, baseball cap, headphones and any other personal items that will keep you safe and looking ~flawless~.

Have a great and safe spring break collegiettes! 

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant