This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Let’s face it, if somebody asked us what words pop into our heads when we hear, “female crisis manager who runs her own firm and specializes in political situations”, trendy and chic would not be the first or fifteenth words that come to mind. Olivia Pope, the star of the ABC hit show, “Scandal”, totally changes that. Pope never fails to rock a stellar outfit whether she’s in the office, out on the town, or hanging out in her awesome apartment.

1. Olivia never fails to completely kill it in the office. Not only does she walk into the room ready to get major work done, she looks great doing it in her tan peplum textured blazer. 

Diamond Stretch Peplum Jacket ($138.00)

2. Nobody actually looks cute before they go to bed; it’s just a known fact. But if you need to whip out a cute pajama set, follow Olivia Pope’s trend. These nude sweatpants and white sweater are the perfect, “I look like I’m not trying, but I know I look good,” look. C&C California Wrap Cardigan ($128); The Afterhours Satin Pajama. ($69.50)

3. Yes, work pants can feel unflattering, but when you get the right style and size like Olivia, they can be feminine and absolutely flattering.

Ann Taylor. Curvy Tropical Wool Straight Leg Pants ($99.88) 

4. Pope’s feet never go unnoticed. Even when her work pants cover her shoes, we always know there’s something chic going on underneath. Her shoes are cute because they’re feminine but professional.

Bandolino Maddlee Patent Platform Pump ($49.94)

5. Even when she’s investigating a crime scene, Olivia still comes in lookin’ hot. Her long shawl collared coat is sophisticated but totally fashionable at the same time. Tahari Marla Shawl-Collar Wrap Coat ($349.99)

6. On the rare occasions that Pope isn’t working her butt off in the office, she always manages to look beautiful and classy at social events, especially the formal affairs with the President. In this episode, her Jean Fares Couture dress made jaws drop.

Alice & Olivia. Sophia Maxi Dress ($797) 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!