Oh Baby! Celeb Baby Announcements This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you’ve been keeping up with People Magazine or E! Online, then you must’ve heard of all the recent pregnancy announcements. It seems like everywhere you look on the Internet, a new couple is expecting a bundle of joy (or maybe even two)! Here’s the list of all the celebs that have announced their pregnancies in the past week…

1. New York Yankees legend Derek Jeter, and model wife Hannah Davis Jeter announced that they would be expecting their first child this year! They announced the pregnancy with an essay for The Players’ Tribune. This essay included a photo of Jeter holding a bouquet of pink flowers, hinting at a baby girl.

2. The Hills star Whitney Port and husband Tim Rosenman are expecting their first child together. Port revealed in an Instagram post on Thursday that she’s pregnant “…with a BABY in my belly!!!” she captioned. In a blog post shared also Thursday, she admitted that they were shocked, but she couldn’t wait to be a Mom.

3. George Clooney, who at one point, one of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors is now expecting twins with his international human rights lawyer wife, Amal Clooney.  Though this power couple lead very busy lives, they always stay focused on keeping their marriage happy. This will be the first child for the actor and lawyer.

4. Model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and actor Jason Statham are going to be parents! The model posted an Instagram picture in a bikini to announce the great news. She captioned the image, “Very happy to share that Jason and I are expecting!” The couple has been together for 6 years, and just last year she announced that they were engaged.

5. Comedians Jordan Peele (of Key and Peele) and Chelsea Peretti announced that they are expecting their first child together. Peretti posted an Instagram sharing her baby bump. “Beyonce schmonce,” she captioned her picture, taking a little jab at Beyonce’s recent pregnancy announcement.

So many baby announcements and it’s only the second week in February! Which celeb baby are you most excited to see?

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.