Obama Plans to Protect Planned Parenthood Funding Before Presidency Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

According to The Huffington Post, Barack Obama and his administration have recently implemented a law that states that Planned Parenthood will no longer be at risk for being defunded.

“This will make a real difference in so many people’s lives,” said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood. “Thanks to the Obama administration, women will still be able to access the birth control they need to plan their families, and the cancer screenings they need to stay healthy.”

Since Donald Trump’s presidential win was announced, women everywhere have been in a frenzy as they are afraid that they will no longer have access to all of the resources that Planned Parenthood provides them with.

The new law is called Title X, and according to Dailysignal.com, it is “a federal program designed to fund “family planning” for low-income individuals.” It would give low-income women access to birth control, cancer screenings, testing for STIs, and more. 

Aileen is a senior communication major and marketing minor who resides in Westchester, NY. She is a Executive Features Editor at Her Campus Fairfield and loves online shopping, snuggling with her dog, and working out. the Follow her on Instagram @aklindy!
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant