Most Anticipated Books this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The crisp autumn breeze is upon us with pumpkin spice everything and fabulous scarves and boots. What goes better with a nice hot PSL than a good book? This fall there are so many new and exciting books to check out. So cozy up, and start reading collegiettes!

Without Merit

In the emerging genre of new adult, Colleen Hoover has been a trailblazer. With her New York Times bestsellers Slammed and It Ends With Us, she has captured the complexity of everyday relationships and deals with deep issues. In her new novel, Without Merit, she is sure not to disappoint. Dealing with illness, family drama, and relationships, Colleen Hoover is sure to make us have ~all the feels~.

Turtles All The Way Down

He’s baaaack. That’s right, John Green is back! The author that made you ugly cry with The Fault in Our Stars is here with a new book that is bound to shatter our hearts once again. This time, Aza, along with her best friend Daisy, is on the hunt for a fugitive billionaire. Aza deals with the pressures of being the perfect daughter, friend, and student. How will she handle it? Will she find the billionaire? Let’s get ready for a journey that will excite us and honestly, probably make us sob.

All The Crooked Saints

The author that brought you two New York Times bestselling series, Sinner and The Raven Cycle, is back again with a magical twist. Maggie Stiefvater’s latest novel follows two orphans, and readers will find out the scariest part of searching for a miracle: what it takes to get one. After being enthralled with The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, I personally cannot wait to go on yet another magical and suspenseful journey.

Tower of Dawn

My personal favorite author came out with another book back in September, and that fantastic lady is Sarah J Maas. Tower of Dawn is the sixth installment of the New York Times bestselling series Throne of Glass. What makes this book especially different from the rest is that it does not follow the series’ main protagonist. Instead, it follows the former Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall, on his journey. Since this is the sixth installment, be sure to pick up the first book Throne of Glass and start catching up on the plot! The series follows an assassin as she fights for her freedom by becoming the king’s assassin.

Sleeping Beauties

For the collegiettes who want to catch the ~scaries~, the master of horror himself, Stephen King, teamed up with his son to write this new book. In this book, women are encased in gossamer and bad things are to happen if they are awoken. Considering that this is the man who brought It and Carrie to the world, it’s probably safe to assume that we will be scared for weeks to come – which means it’s ~spooktacular~ for Halloween!

See you around the bookstore, collegiettes!

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com