Meet Mike Degennaro ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is ready to jet set at a moment’s notice and isn’t afraid of being stranded on an island. Allow me to introduce you to Mike Degennaro, a senior here at Fairfield with a smile that will make you melt. He’s everything a girl looks for in a guy – smart, approachable and funny. Read on to find out why “Deg” has us ladies very interested!

Name: Mike DegennaroYear: 2015Hometown: Sea Girt, New JerseyMajor: Accounting

Her Campus: Lent has officially begun, what are you giving up until Easter?Mike Degennaro: Cursing, and fast food.

HC: If you were stranded on an island, how would you escape?MM: I wouldn’t. No reason to go back as long as there’s food and water.  I wouldn’t have to get a job. I wouldn’t have to deal with anyone. I would stay, final answer.

HC: What’s your favorite song to sing in the shower?MD: “Shark in the Water” by VV Brown.HC: Love that song!

HC: What’s one, single food that you would never give up?MD: Pizza. 

HC: If you had a hot tub time machine, what year would you go back to?MD: I’d go back to the 1990’s when Britney Spears was just getting her start. I’d like to see what she was like, ya know? Like was she crazy like Miley or what?

HC: What’s your favorite day of the year?MD: The Fourth of JulyHC: How patriotic of you!MD: [Laughs] Thanks!

HC: If you could take the year off and go travelling, which place would be your first stop?MD: I would go back to Europe and start in Switzerland.

HC: What’s the best vacation you’ve ever taken?MD: When I was 14 I went on a cruise to the Caribbean.

HC: If your life were a book, what would you name it?MD: Fast Times at Fairfield University

HC: What is your all time favorite comedy movie?MD: Finding Nemo

HC: What song always makes you happy when you hear it?MD: “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj

HC: If you were President, what would be your first order?MD: I would demand to see the inside of Fort Knox.

HC: Can you elaborate?MD: Basically it’s where they keep all of our gold, “so they say”, but nobody knows if that’s actually true.HC: Interesting.MD: Oh, and add to make the White House look like Hogwarts![Both laugh]

HC: If the Grape named a drink after you, what would it be called?MD: The Deg

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?MD: I’m going to do a fifth year here at Fairfield and then I start work in the Fall of 2016 with a big depression after graduation.

Follow Amy on Twitter!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!