If I Got an Invite to the Royal Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With the royal wedding around the corner, I can’t help but think about what I would do if I was invited. After endless online shopping research and day dreaming of the special day, I have come up with the perfect dress, date, and gift for Meghan and Harry’s wedding day.

1. My Date

Who would I choose to witness Harry and Meghan’s wedding with? Tom Holland, of course! Tom is a charming Englishman that dabbles in playing the superhero role of Spider-Man. He is the perfect man with great dance skills.

2. My Outfit

Now this is something that requires a bit of thought and research. Honestly, I Googled what the dress code is going to be at the wedding and found out this most definitely isn’t going to be a typical wedding! I decided to go for a pink 3/4 sleeve dress with a modest V-neck.

For the shoes, I picked nude kitten heels with a strap back. I also chose a nude colored clutch.

And last but not least, the hat/fascinator! The hats and fascinators are trademarks at the royal weddings. I chose a pink hat with flowers and a slight veil.

3. My Gift to the Bride and Groom

What gift would be better for the royal couple than a beautiful tea set? Elegant, classy, and an excuse to be invited over for tea once they get settled into their new housing arrangement.

I don’t know about you, but I am ~so~ excited for the royal wedding. Also, Prince Harry and Meghan, I’m clearly prepared so don’t hesitate to send that last minute invite my way!

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com