How To Stay Cozy And Cute This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With the cold months upon us, it’s important to stay warm, but obviously every girl wants to still look cute! Here are a few of my favorite staples to stay cute, yet cozy while keeping up with the trends of the holiday season!

1. Velvet, Velvet, Velvet! Velvet dresses, velvet pants, velvet bodysuits.  

Nothing screams comfy, yet trendy, like velvet.

2. Beanies:

One of life’s simplest joys is staying warm while looking cute.  Beanies come in a variety of styles, so there is sure to be one out there to fit everyone’s style!

3. Spice Up Your Winter Coat:

Sick of your puffy winter coat that makes you feel like the Michelin Man?  Try this reversible hooded jacket from Urban Outfitters that captures the essence of both cozy and cute!

4. Sweater + Dress = Dressed for Success:

Sweater dresses are the ultimate staple that enable one to dress up or dress down for any event. With just one piece, you’ll be able to look festive for the holidays while still being warm!

5. Over-the-Knee Boots:

Tired of your year old riding boots?  Switch it up with the bold look of over-the-knee boots. Bonus: extra length = extra warmth!

Friends, sun, sand, and sea is all this chick needs.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com