A Comparison of Snooki and JWoww’s Looks: Then and Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Party’s here! With the start of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, Jerzday’s are back! A lot has changed since the show began in 2009. Some cast members are married, some have children, and all are at different points in their lives. But most importantly, their looks have changed greatly over the past 9 years. The two who have probably changed the most are Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi (now LaValle) and Jenni Farley or JWoww. Keep reading to see just how much two of the best cast members have changed since the show began.

Red Carpet Ready

In 2009, Snooki and JWoww walked their first ‘red carpet’ at Spike TV’s Video Game Awards. Snooki wore her infamous poof and a tight cheetah print dress while Jenni wore a low riding blue tube top dress. Both were also very tanned and featured the classic 2009 smoky eye look with a clear coat of lip gloss. What a time to be alive.

At their most recent red-carpet event together, the 2016 VMAs, it’s obvious how much both girls have changed. Both looked updated and elegant. Jenni rocked a black gown with cut-outs, still showing some skin like 2009. Snooki wore a sparkly modest, yet tight fitting, mermaid gown. Their hair and makeup have also changed drastically as their looks are a lot more refined yet still bold.

At the recent premiere for Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, JWoww and Snooki posed together again. Snooki and JWoww’s looks have clearly changed even more since the original show premiered, but they still look as fierce as ever! JWoww looked effortless in a simple and slinky velvet body dress. Snooki rocked lingerie as outerwear, a look that’s becoming more and more popular among the Hollywood elite.

Jersey Shore Interviews

Then: 

Now: 

The changes between the girls are so much more obvious when you see their interviews from the first season of Jersey Shore to the first season of Family Vacation. Jenni’s gotten rid of the blonde streaks and extensions. Snooki’s gained some new tattoos. Both girls are less orange and have more eyebrows.

Good Morning America Interviews

Then: 

Now: 

Here we can see a drastic change from Snooki’s first appearance on Good Morning America in 2011 to her latest appearance this year. Snooki has clearly toned down the self-tanner and gotten rid of the hairbows, opting for a more natural look with a bold red lip. She also ditched the tight dress for a cute romper.

Wow, time sure has flown by. It seems like only yesterday these two girls were in their early twenties partying it up in Jersey. Now, they are in their thirties, married, are moms, and they look so much better! We hope the glow ups only continue from here. Remember to watch Jersey Shore: Family Vacation Thursdays at 8pm on MTV!

Molly Concannon

Fairfield '20

Molly Concannon is a Jersey girl through and through. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in Finance and Public Relations. This is her fourth year on the Her Campus team! She is also slightly obsessed with libraries, reading, and Disney movies, and she definitely will try to pet any dogs she sees.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com