Campus Profile Athletic Edition: Kelly Bommer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Major: Business Management, Sports Management Minor (Go Stags!)

Hometown: Franklin Lakes, NJ

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

KB: Since I began school at Fairfield as a freshman, I have been a member of the women’s soccer team serving as the manager. Aside from the team, I am an International Student Ambassador and a part of Stags in the Stands.

HC: How did you become the women’s soccer team manager?

KB:I became the women’s soccer team manager towards the end of my senior year of high school. My high school team played on campus and I had the chance to meet the coach and the team. I fell in love with both Fairfield as a school and its athletic program… and the rest is history.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?  

KB: In my free time, I’m normally at whatever game is happening on campus if there is one. Otherwise, I’m catching up on sleep, doing homework, or hitting golf balls.

HC: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

KB: People would be surprised to know that I don’t actually play sports…even though you wont catch me wearing anything other than sweats on a daily basis.

HC: Where can we find you on the weekends?

KB: I make my way around. I love being on campus and almost always go out to eat in town, but I can’t say I just stay in one spot.

HC: Who is your inspiration and why?

KB: My inspiration is definitely my dad. He raised me and my three siblings when my mom passed and never complained. He always did the best he could and at the end of the day, we were always happy. So, day-to-day, no matter what happens, I look at the positive and move forward.

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?

KB: I am hoping to get my MBA here at Fairfield. But wherever I go, I hope business and sports stay a part of my life and that I am successful and happy in whatever I do.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

KB: Africa on a safari, and I get to go this summer!

HC: Who is your favorite member of the Fairfield Woman’s soccer team and why?

KB: Well that’s not a fair question!! They’re all my favorites. It’s cliché and all. but honestly we wouldn’t be the team we are without everyone there. Everyone has a role and we feed off of each other’s personalities. 

Jackie has been an active member of Her Campus Fairfield over the past two years and is the new Co-Campus Correspondent for Fairfield's chapter. She is a junior communications major with a minor in marketing. She loves baking, sports, sushi, and her Jack Russell Terrier Tipper.
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.