Bra Hacks Every Collegiette Must Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

When it comes to being a girl, one of the most stressful things we deal with is wearing a bra.  We have to figure out colors to wear, how to not let them show, and how to properly care for them.   Lucky for all of you collegiettes, we have some great tips to make that part of your life just a little bit easier!

If you haven’t discovered the magic of a multi-way bra, it’s something you have to try! When you’re going out and wearing your new, cute one shoulder top, this is the way to go. You can dance the night away in the townhouses without worrying about your strapless bra falling down or a regular bra strap showing.  With straps that detach and can be rearranged with each outfit, this type of bra is a must-have in your closet!

What do you do when you want to rock your hottest dress, but don’t want your bra to show in the low cut back? Try using a backless adhesive bra! Available in many different stores such as Target and Gap, this type of bra sticks to your skin and has no straps or back bands. It’s perfect for any backless or strapless tops or dresses you may want to show off!

Now, we all know what strapless bras are. But how can you get them from falling down all the time? You can easily secure it by using this hack of wrapping the straps around your bra. Once you do this there is no need to be afraid to show off your signature dance moves anymore!

You just bought a gorgeous dress to wear out, but the neckline is very, very low. How can you possibly wear a bra with something like this? By using a u-plunge bra, you can easily wear a low-cut top or dress while still getting all the necessary support.

Now that you have all these new kinds of bras, you can keep good care of them so they last a long time by hanging your bras on a hanger or stacking them in your drawer. This not only saves space but also help the bras maintain their shape and elasticity.  To make sure that your bras stay fresh and supportive, make sure you wash them in cold water and hang dry them, while also rotating the one you wear about every week.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.