9 Ways Your Pet Is Actually Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

When life just isn’t going your way and people just aren’t doing it for you, your pets never fail. Their silent ways sometimes can say more than your significant other ever would, and their constant support will get you through anything. They give unconditional love and never leave your side. Most pet parents feel this way, and here are some surefire signs that your pet is best friend/significant other/child:

1. You talk to them more than people (this includes crying to them and confiding in them)

2. You get offended when they act like they don’t want to hang out with you (because you were made for each other so why wouldn’t they want to hang with you)

3. You get nervous when they’re out of your sight

4. You know you’re going to miss them more than immediate family members while back at college or abroad

5. You think everything they do is the cutest thing you’ve ever seen (because well it is).

6. You feed them better than you feed yourself

7. You believe that they enjoy the same shows you do because they sit next to you as you watch Netflix

8. You would drop anything/leave anywhere if they are the slightest bit sick

9. When people ask about your personal life you automatically think about your pets…

I'm a Communication major, double minor in Professional Writing and Spanish at Fairfield University.I love having a good time, dogs, tattoos and making people laugh. That's pretty much it.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!