This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Twitter is great for many reasons. However, there are a lot of different types of tweeters that can clog up our timeline with things that we honestly don’t care about. Here are our 9 classifications of tweeters to keep your eye out for.  

1.The one that loves her boyfriend/girlfriend. Whether they’re in the honeymoon stage or celebrating their 4-year anniversary… you know everything. You know what they do that is SO funny, the reasons why they are THE BEST significant other and, of course, how much they LOVE each other! xoxo (gag). 

2.The one that’s abroad. The good news is, it’s like you’re there with them every. step. of. the. way. Getting a play by play of the struggles and ahhhmazing adventures may sound exciting, but gets old when it continues for 4 consecutive months.

3.The one that doesn’t stop tweeting…ever. Their tweet count is in the thousands, and I mean about 80 thousand, and they only got Twitter about 2 years ago. They clog your timeline with random thoughts that never seem to end.

4. The one that goes to the gym. And never let you forget it. There’s nothing worse than going on Twitter and seeing constant gym updates about what a great workout they had… while you’re eating cookies.

5. The one that hates everyone and everything. They hate everyone and everything. Every single tweet is a complaint. Don’t get me wrong; I’m a firm believer that one of the main reasons for Twitter is to provide a forum for quick rants. However, let’s not be dramatic and pose as everyone’s Twitter Timeline Debbie Downer.

6. The one that loves school. They just love their university and they love their classes and they love their major. First things first, Fairfield’s the realest. But, regardless of where you go, spare your followers the details about the 94 you got on your first calc quiz… and every quiz to follow.

7. The one that loves celebrities. They tweet at their favorite celebrities daily, telling them how much they love them. Again, twitter is great to stalk and attempt to talk to your fav celebs, but they also have millions of followers, hence  your tweet saying “I WANT TO MARRY (insert celeb crush) SO BAD I LOVE YOU” probably isn’t going to be very successful.

8. The one that inspires you daily…or not. They are extremely driven and determined to make everyday the BEST.DAY.EVER. However, sometimes we don’t want to be inspired. We want to lay in bed and skip class and binge watch Gossip Girl and let the highlight of our day be Chipotle. So while we appreciate your inspiration, there’s a chance we may not want to hear it constantly.

9. The one that is always drunk, hungover or wanting to drink. It has gotten to the point where we can’t even decide if they’re enrolled in college. When do they go to class? When do they do their work? How can they afford this much alcohol on a college student budget? This one should be expanded. 

I'm a Communication major, double minor in Professional Writing and Spanish at Fairfield University.I love having a good time, dogs, tattoos and making people laugh. That's pretty much it.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!