The 8 Best Facial Moisturizers for Fall & Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Now that summer’s officially come to an end, the threat of dry skin is more present than ever.  Dry, cracked skin will never be in style, so we found some amazing moisturizers that are perfect for these cold upcoming months. These products also will not break a collegiette’s budget either! Read on about these amazing facial moisturizers that are all under $20 and can be found at your local drugstores.

The Basic, Everyday MoisturizerIf you want a simple and easy everyday moisturizer then try Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer ($13.99). I personally use this every single day and night! It is very lightweight, non-greasy, and it has an SPF of 15. I love the way my skin feels when I put it on- so hydrated and smooth. You only need two or three pumps and you are good to go!

AM Moisturizer with SPFDermatologists recommend that during the day you should wear a moisturizer with a minimum SPF of 30, even in the wintertime! Instead of putting on a moisturizer and another layer of sunscreen, you should try CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion Am ($13.99). This one is great because not only does it have sunscreen, but it also calms down skin redness too.

Tinted MoisturizerA tinted moisturizer is great because it moisturizes your skin and lends a nice tinted glow on your face. You have to be careful with these “tinted BB creams” because some of them are not as moisturizing as others. The Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream ($12.99) is the exception. It hydrates your skin and leaves it feeling silky soft. It is an all-in-one product, so there’s no need to wear a different moisturizer along with your tinted one.

Dry Skin MoisturizerIf you always have dry skin despite the season then you should definitely look into this product. You will want to try the L’Oreal Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream ($8.59). It is a super rich moisturizer, and it will keep your skin’s moisturized throughout the day.

Natural MoisturizerIf you are into a natural, organic, or green lifestyle then this moisturizer is the one for you! Yes to Carrots Repairing Night Cream ($14.99) is made with all organic ingredients, and it’s affordable! This moisturizer contains so many hydrating natural oils, like sweet almond and avocado.

Oil- Free MoisturizerIf you tend to have oily skin or your skin gets “shiny” by midday then you should check out the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin ($9.99). It is made without oil, fragrance, and alcohol, which is great if your skin is sensitive to any of these “ingredients.” It also contains oil-absorbing products, and your skin will not be shiny at all during the day! Sensitive Skin MoisturizerIf you’re sensitive to many of the common fragrance products in moisturizers then Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer ($10.99) could be the best for your skin! It is formulated without any artificial dyes or scents. It’s an ideal product for easily irritated skin. The moisturizer also has a really light texture and contains Vitamin E, which is great for maximum hydration.

Oily/Acne-Prone MoisturizerIf some makeups or even moisturizers make you break out or leave your skin oily then Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($8.99) can be a great option! This moisturizer not only hydrates your skin, but it also treats your acne! It gently unclogs your pores with 1 percent salicylic acid, and it also soothes your skin with witch hazel!

I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!