This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

In the winter, all we want to do is stay in our room, cuddled up in blankets watching Netflix with friends. The last thing we want to do is work out and make the long walk to the gym, just to be on the treadmill for half an hour. Even though we dread it, it’s important to stay healthy (not to mention, spring break is in a month!)

Here are some fun ways to spice up your exercise routine in Fairfield:

1.     SoulCycle

Everyone is on the Soul Cycle grind these days. It is a great way to get in cardio and strength training all while being inspired and motivated by the pounding music and encouragement of the tough instructors.

2.     ZenRide

Just like SoulCycle, Zen Ride offers an awesome cycling class experience. It is more relaxed and on the meditative side, but still gets your heart pumping. The best part? They have special packages for Fairfield University students!

3.     Pure Barre

This is a new and innovative way to work your whole body ladies! This method utilizes a ballet barre in a high-energy atmosphere. You don’t have to be a ballerina to do this, just have to be willing to try!

4.     Trifitness

If completing a triathlon is on your bucket list, you should definitely check out Trifitness! They have classes, trainers and training plans designed to get you across the finish line. Who knows, maybe you will eventually complete an Ironman!

5.     Fairfield Hot Yoga

The yoga trend just got even hotter. The temperature-regulated studio relaxes your muscles, allowing for a better stretch and even better workout. Get in touch with your inner yogi and get a great bod while doing it!

6.     Fit Club

If you have ever wanted to look and feel like a bada**, this is the place for you! This family-owned gym wants to make you feel at home among the punching bags. Go ahead, give it everything you’ve got! Did someone say Rocky? It’s all about confidence and empowerment!

7.     Momentum Fitness

Momentum Fitness is the best place to shake your booty! Momentum specializes in Zumba classes, so go shake off the calories with a cardio party!

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.