6 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas You Can Actually Achieve from Real People On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Excited about Valentine’s Day but have no idea what to plan or suggest to your significant other? Your first stop will probably be Pinterest to brainstorm something totally unique for the special day; however, when you see life-size teddy bears in balloon filled rooms, dates on a shimmery hilltop decorated in a thousand tiny lights and exquisite chocolates imported from Europe, your dream of planning or suggesting the perfect date is crushed. Well stop thinking your perfect day is out of reach because Her Campus went on campus to figure out what ~real~ college couples have in store for the day.

“Last year we decided to cancel our fancy dinner reservations and ordered in. We watched movies all night in bed and it was perfect. Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from the world, relax with your boyfriend and ditch unrealistic Valentine’s day expectations.”

~ Lindsay, Class of 2018

“My boyfriend is not the most romantic when it comes to planning things which I think is pretty normal for most guys. Last year we went to Quattro in downtown Fairfield and this year we’re going again to make a tradition out of it.”

~Kate, Class of 2018

“Whenever a special date rolls around that we can’t be together for we normally do something like order each other dominos and have the workers write something cute or funny in the box. Then we’ll usually watch a movie over FaceTime together. It’s obviously not ideal but we’ve learned to make the best out of it and we always have fun. It really makes you appreciate the times we get to spend together more, and I think has overall just made us stronger. I honestly wouldn’t change it for the world.”

~Abby, Class of 2018 (long distance)

“We like to keep Valentine’s Day Simple so there isn’t too much pressure. This year I’m going to make him breakfast and he is going to take me out to dinner. Simple but sweet.”

~Jess, Class of 2018

“Last year we recreated our 1st date! We went back to where we first had pizza together and later watched the same movie we watched that night. It was fun bringing up old memories and talking about how nervous we were.”

-Kaitlyn, Class of 2020

“Last year it was soooo cold out so we stayed in all weekend and ordered food to our rooms. He set up an entire table with place setting and flowers as a centerpiece. We had a movie night and it was really fun and special.”

-Danielle, Class of 2018

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.