5 Quotes to Get You Through the Home Stretch of the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As summer approaches, our workloads get heavier, the stress gets unbearable, and all anyone can think about is leaving it all behind to enjoy summer break. Sadly, we have to get through this rough time full of final papers, tests, and assignments that are a ~huge~ part of our college lives. But summertime will come soon enough because we’re in the home stretch!

So, hunker down and get your work done! Finish the year strong, and then we can enjoy the sunshine filled days of summer. Here are some motivational quotes to inspire and help you along your way in these final weeks of the school year!

Instead of looking at your pile of work to get done and thinking you can’t do it, look at that pile of work and be optimistic about it! Look on the bright side of things and think about how accomplished you will feel once all of the hard work is done!

Make your work stand out! Don’t look at your paper as a boring research paper, but rather as an opportunity to explore something new and get creative with your insights! Open yourself up to putting everything you learned this semester into one outstanding assignment.

Put your heart, soul, and all of your effort into whatever work you’re doing. In the end it will be worth it because each piece of work will have a piece of you in it, making it unique and, hopefully, get you that A!

No, you’re not going to love every assignment that you have to do, but your only option is to make the best of it. If you do like an assignment, then put your best foot forward and show that you enjoy it by working hard on it! Put yourself into your work and you will like the results.

In this case, the desire is for summer vacay! If that’s your motivation, then use it. The sooner you finish your work, the less stress you will have, and the closer summer will be!

Good luck to everyone on finishing out the school year strong! Summer will be here before you know it!

Catherine Santangelo is a first year student here at Fairfield University, and is from Pelham, New Hampshire. She is a Communications major, Educational Studies minor, and plans to get her Masters in Elementary Education to become a teacher. In her free time she loves to listen to music, watch the Boston Bruins, and laugh with her friends. She is super excited to be a part of the Her Campus team this year and looks forward to writing many articles for readers to enjoy!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com