5 Music Festivals To Look Out For This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Summer is quickly approaching and the thoughts of summer music are filling our brains. While finals are underway, here are some summer music festivals to get excited about. They’ll give you a reason to procrastinate in the final days of the semester, and maybe you’ll find your next summer adventure.

1. Bonnaroo

Bonnaroo is a music and arts festival in Manchester, Tennessee that takes place from June 8th to June 11th. It features a superstar lineup, including U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Weeknd, Chance the Rapper, Major Lazer, Lorde, and many others. It is located in Great Stage Park, which holds over 18,000 people.

2. Firefly

This festival takes place in Dover, Delaware from June 15th to June 18th. It features a lineup with something for everyone from OAR and Twenty One Pilots to Bob Dylan and Muse. This four-day lineup is something you don’t want to miss.

3. Electric Zoo This festival is held in NYC on Labor Day Weekend, which is September 1st to September 3rd this year. It’s located at Randall’s Island Park, and is for those who love electronic music. It features a big name on each day, like DJ Snake, and includes many other artists.

4. Governors Ball

Like Electric Zoo, Governors Ball also takes place at Randall’s Island Park in NYC. It is right at the beginning of summer break from June 2nd to June 4th. The three-day lineup has a wide array of artists, including Chance The Rapper, Lorde, Wu-Tang Clan, and Wiz Khalifa.

5. Electric Forest

This is the largest festival on the list. It is a two-week festival located in Rothbury, Michigan at the Double JJ Resort. The first week runs from June 22nd to June 25th and the second runs from June 29th to July 2nd. It is a multi-genre event with a focus on electronic and jam-band genres. Artists attending include Dillon Francis, Flume, Big Gigantic, and DJ Snake.

Be sure to try and make at least one of these festivals on your summer bucket list! There’s something for everyone and it’s the perfect excuse to have a summer road trip.  

Fairfield University senior who loves to binge eat chocolate and drink endless cups of coffee.
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant