5 Most ~Iconic~ Movie Wedding Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all ~love~ it when our favorite characters finally get together. Their weddings give us so many happy feelings that we literally could just start tearing up. Those moments are arguably the best part of a movie. However, we cannot forget one crucial part of these wedding scenes: the dress. Each movie has a different take on ~the dress~ and of course, some are just more iconic than others.

1. Bella Swan

Let’s all be honest here—we were all excited for Bella Swan to marry swoon-worthy Edward Cullen. Bella’s dress was fairly simple, but it was the lace and button-up back that caught the audience’s attention.  

2. Princess Mia

Ah, The Princess Diaries. The first one was great and the second movie did not disappoint. (Who could ever forget watching a young Chris Pine?) Obviously, Mia would have a perfectly regal gown. We definitely ~adore~ those lace sleeves.

3. Shelby

Shelby from Steel Magnolias may not have been a princess, but she sure looked like one. Julia Roberts circa 1989 really pulled this dress off. This iconic wedding with the dreamy theme of blush and bashful almost makes up for the ugly crying that comes at the end of the wedding… almost.

4. Carrie Bradshaw

Carrie Bradshaw would not be Carrie Bradshaw if she didn’t stand out. Naturally, her big, poofy gown is unforgettable.

5. Fleur Delacour

Out of all these gowns, Fleur’s stands out the most. The dress is ~gorgeous~. However, a certain wizard who shall not be named, kind of stole her spotlight.

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com