22 Random Thoughts Girls Have Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Like many girls in college, I find that my mind is constantly racing. Between trying to finish my homework, form “healthy college-budget shopping lists” (which I’m convinced are entirely fictional, by the way), answer e-mails, catalogue everyday encounters as tweets (@MKateItorLoveIt), work out and actually pay attention during class, a typical day leaves my brain whirring like an overheated laptop. Even when I’m not consciously trying to think about anything, the most random things pop into my head. The following are just a few of the recurring thoughts that I, along with many other girls, run into quite frequently. 

1. I should really do a juice cleanse.
  2. I wonder if anybody will notice that I wore these jeans yesterday… and every other day this week.
  3. Okay, I’m just going to sit and write a list of the things I need to do.
  4. I need to get my nails done, ASAP. But what color?
  5. A 136 second My Story? *judges accordingly*
  6. I wonder what Beyoncé is doing right now.
  7. Ugh, I want an adorable little baby!  (… not seriously though, I can barely take care of myself.)
  8. I need another coffee.
  9. There is definitely some e-mail somewhere that I forgot to answer.
  10. Seriously though, how do girls manage to look good at the gym? Teach me your ways, blonde pony-tail, Lulu Lemon leggings girl. 
  11. *when a friend gives you the latest update about their life* I know, I already saw your tweet/Insta/Snap about it earlier.
  12. Blake Lively is literally perfection.
  13. I wish I could go somewhere with no Wifi and just disconnect for a while.
  14. *sees cool DIY thing on Pinterest* Once I’m not so busy with school and stuff I’m totally going to do this. *never does it*
  15. How many days until Christmas?
  16. Which color folder do I use for this class?
  17. I can’t tell if this messy pony is messy-chic or like I overslept this morning. Which I totally did.
  18. I should call Nana.
  19. Should I get Chipotle for dinner… again? 
  20. North West is less than 2 years old and is already more stylish than I will ever be. 
  21. “Cause the players gonna play play play play play and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate…” 
  22. I still need another coffee.
 If I lived in a perfect world, I would sit around all day in sweatpants, eating goodies from my local farmer’s market and writing (hopefully) witty and interesting essays about the minutiae of everyday life. My life philosophy, which particularly applies to food and music, is “Don’t bash it ‘til you try it.” I think everyone should invest in a sense of humor. I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do, but in the meantime I’m going to attend college as an English major, abuse my Netflix account, take too many pictures, embrace any meal that involves avocado, avoid math like it's a deadly disease and let the good times roll. Follow me on Twitter, @MKateItorLoveIt!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.