10 Beach House Necessities You’ll Need for Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

One of the best privileges at Fairfield is that students get the opportunity to live on the beach senior year. So, start channeling your inner Christina El Moussa collegiettes and get in decorating mode! Here are some essentials every collegiette needs to have the best beach house senior year.

1. Full Length Mirror

A full-length mirror is a necessity for every collegiette because how else would we know how good we look?

2. Decorative Pillows

The best way to spice up that old couch from your basement is adding cute throw pillows. This will be a great way to make the space homier and remember collegiettes, the fluffier the better.

3. Coffee Machine

A coffee machine is a necessity wherever you go, let’s be honest. How else would we be able to get through the day without out a daily caffeine pick-me-up?

4. A Calendar

Senior year is possibly one of the busiest years at college because every collegiette is trying to land a job so they can be apart of the real world (YIKES!). The best way to keep track of interviews, school assignments, and social activates is having a calendar. You won’t regret this one collegiettes!

5. Wall Décor

The best part about having your own space is being able to decorate it however you please! Some nice wall décor will definitely spruce up any room!

6. Mason Jars

Mason Jars can be used for a variety of purposes from glasses to cute vases, which is why this purchase will make a great investment. Also mason jars are totally trendy!

7. Coat/Bag Rack

In a house with at least 4 girls a rack to hold everyone’s back can definitely come in handy! Adios to the days of having to search the whole house for a purse!

8. Beach Chairs

Since beach houses are on the beach, an obvious essential is a beach chair! Aren’t beach days seriously the best days?

9. Labeled Containers

Nothing says “adulting” like having the containers in your pantry labeled. They also make you seem totally organized even if your closet is a disaster.

10. Bar Cart

Since senior year means all you and all your friends are mostly 21, a cute beach house idea is having a bar cart. This is a cute and fun idea that all your friends will enjoy!

English major with a concentration in journalism
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant