What I Miss About Being a Kid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

College is a stepping stone into adulthood. With all of the essays and late night stress that accompanies this journey, there’s definitely a lot of things that I miss about the carefree life of my childhood. Reminiscing on my childhood, here is a list of four things that I miss about being a child:

1. Unlimited Energy

Being a child means having a burst of energy for every waking moment. As a college student, having a great amount of energy is just what I need to keep me up in class.

2. Recess

Remember what life was like when the highlight of your day was waiting for lunch to be over so that we could all finally go to recess? #tbt

3. Saturday Morning Cartoons

Sleeping late always seemed like a privilege and a reward that my parents gave me for surviving a week of school. However, no matter how tired I was, nothing stopped me from waking up early for Saturday morning cartoons.

4. Getting to Keep the Change

I remember when I used to ask my parents for money to buy snacks and they tell me that I could keep the change from my purchase. I used to save up all of my money so that one day I could buy myself a present. Having $1.00 made my day because I knew that I was $1.00 richer.

At the end of the day, all you can do is reminisce about the childhood that you once had. Although it may seem like it’s all in the past, there’s nothing really stopping you from living your life to the fullest and making the most out of it. Despite the struggles and stress that comes with college, just remember that the peace and sunshine from your past is never truly gone. Don’t ever lose sight of the child within you.

Have a great semester and don’t forget to enjoy yourself!

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.