Summer Experience Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

F&M dominates yet again. With internships, travel experiences, serviceopportunities, and research positions, F&M students showed their diverse interests at the first annual Summer Experience Fair. Student presenters shared each of their experiences, passions, and career goals. Here is just a sample of their achievements:

Keiran Miller ’15, Viacom Intern. Interning for a large television and film production company that owns MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount Pictures, Keiran gathered and compiled celebrity reports. Whenever a press release was announced, his job was to archive the information for any future company reference. He was certainly Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Caitlin Rose ’16, NASA Goddard Research Intern. Caitlin researched atmospheric compositions of far away planets at the NASA Goddard Space Center. In hopes of finding the right conditions for life, her research involved modeling CO2 compositions and temperatures of Earth-like planet atmospheres. Caitlin wonders, perhaps we’re not alone in this universe? Caitlin Rose pictured above with her astronomy summer research.

Jacob Mooney ’16, International Bridges to Justice Intern. Jacob traveled to Cambodia to assist in providing access to quality legal aid in a country with a deteriorating legal system. Being a computer science major, his contribution was to develop an online database to hold over 5,100 cases handled by the IBJ organization. This experience helped broaden his understandings for a future in philosophy of law. His work was funded by the Mueller Summer Experience Award.

Anyone interested in the above summer experiences should get in contact with the student presenter or visit the Office of Student and Post-Graduate Development.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.