Spencer Silverman ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name? Spencer Silverman

Hometown? Livingston, NJ

Major? Government.

Describe yourself in three words: Curious, Determined, and Republican

Why F&M? I always knew I wanted a small school and when I visited F&M as a junior in high school it just felt right. I love the small classes and faculty accessibility. It’s also the perfect distance from home; not too close, not too far.

What are you involved in on campus? I am the President of College Republicans, Founding Chairman of the F&M chapter of Young Americans for Freedom, Founder and President of F&M’s No Labels chapter, and Secretary-General/Head Delegate of the Model UN team. I also used to be on Bonchek Congress and a member of the riding team.

Dream Job? Supreme Court Justice

Relationship status? Single

Perfect date? A nice dinner, a bottle of wine, and watching fireworks over the ocean.

Favorite quote? The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.” – Albert Einstein

Ben or John? John! He established the Supreme Court precedent that allows our system of checks and balances to function. He’s a major boss.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.