This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

If you haven’t gotten the shot, run, don’t walk to Appel ASAP!

Dips! If you haven’t noticed the diminishing numbers in your classes this week or the growing number of face masks popping up around campus, it’s no tread… those trendsetters are patient zero’s, and you should stay far away. Face it, we live in central PA where the weather is constantly changing, making us even more prone for illness and being on a college campus we are surrounded by germs, making it nearly impossible to go a semester without any symptoms. Personally, I kept forgetting to get my vaccinations despite constant reminders from everyone around, it wasn’t until one morning in my 9 a.m. I got a terrifying email from Dr. Meyers that the health center had diagnosed 15 cases in ONE day. Shortly after that, my friends and I ran to the closest CVS, and of course, we grabbed Lancaster cupcake for our pain (even though the shot was painless).

So in case this article doesn’t scare you enough, don’t think your runny nose qualifies you to miss class, here’s what you should watch for.

Book the next appointment at Appel if you:

• Have a fever
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Chills
  • Headache, or more commonly, nasal and sinus pain
  • Achy Muscles
  • Cough
  • Nasal Congestion
  • Fatigue
  • Sore Throat

In the meantime, if you’re safe for the moment, take persuasion:

• Vitamin C (Emergen-C)
  • WASH YOUR HANDS
  • Don’t share drinks or chapstick
  • Disinfect surfaces (even in the dorms just pick up a pack of Lysol wipes from cvs.. trust me it will make such a difference)

So stay safe and take it easy fellow dips, only a few more weeks till break; we got this!

"People will stare. Make it worth their while." -Harry Winston 
Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.