This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name? Megan Ferrel

Year? 2018

HC: What is your major and/or minor?

MF: I’m a Film and Media Studies major and a Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor.

HC: Hometown?

MF: I’m from Round Lake, a northern suburb of Chicago that no one has ever heard of.          

HC: Favorite quote?

MF: “You’re stronger than you think you are.” I’ve heard this a lot from friends over the past few years, and it’s helped me a lot.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

MF: I’m currently the PR/Social Media Coordinator for WFNM and the PR/Social Chair for LGBTA. I also started a film subgroup within LGBTA, and I’ve been working at the Writer’s House since my freshman year.

HC: Favorite memory at F&M?

MF: I have way too many to have a one favorite memory. A story I love telling is about this one time I was going to work, and I told Meghan Wuorio not to do anything stupid because she’s incredibly accident prone and was going to Ultimate Frisbee practice. So then a few hours later I get a call from her saying that she was running around the ASFC without any shoes on an tumbled over some hurdles while chasing a frisbee. I ended up having to go with her to Urgent Care and she got stitches. Then when we got back to campus, we were hanging out in our room and she leaned too far back in her desk chair and she fell and hit her head on the wall. I realize that I seem horrible for finding this hilarious but Meghan was okay and she started laughing first after she fell back in her chair.

HC: Why F&M?

MF: I wanted a small liberal arts college with a strong sense of community and that would push me academically while opening doors to study things I never thought about studying before. Three years later, I’m still incredibly happy with the choice I made.

HC: Favorite song?

MF: Sugar We’re Goin Down by Fall Out Boy

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

MF: Tiny queer filmmaker

HC: Ben or John?

MF: Does saying “both” make me indecisive? They’re both great and deserve equal recognition.

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.