Joshua Harris ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Name: Joshua Harris

Year: 2012

Major: Sociology

Any organizations you were involved in: I.M.P.A.C.T

What things are you involved in now? My day generally consists of writing and recording sessions. I am also involved in a joint venture partnership, which hopefully I’ll be able to talk about more in depth very soon. 

Did you imagine yourself where you are now when you were graduating? No, but that’s the beauty of life, lol. 

Looking back on your college experience is there anything you would change if you could? I would have done an independent study on Hip Hop culture sooner. Unfortunately, I waited until my senior year. If I could rewind time, I would have definitely started focusing on music more seriously, my Freshman year.

Was there anything that happened while you were here that changed your course? Initially, I wanted to major in Business, but my GPA didn’t make the cut, sophomore year. Thus, I decided to major in Sociology, and luckily I ended up falling in love with it. 

How does it feel to come back to your alma mater to perform? Awesome, There’s no greater feeling. 

What do you feel on stage while performing? I always feel like I’m in “the zone” I try and maintain tunnel vision, and let go of any stresses, etc. I just feel the music. 

Is there any special rituals you do before performing in order to pump yourself? I pray.

How would you describe yourself as an artist? Ambitious

What has been the most influential moment that made you want to become an artist? Meeting a high school friend of mine, named Billy Rivera, who is also an NY Recording Artist by the name of Accent. 

When did you decide in your mind that this would be the path you would take? Instantly. In the 9th grade, I knew that this would be something I would pursue professionally. 

What runs through your mind when writing?  A billion thoughts, I can’t narrow it down to one specific thing. 

Is there anything you want to let our readers know about you or your music? Check out all of my new content on maxxxflair.com, follow me on twitter @Maxxxflair23 and Instagram @Maxxxflair. 
I most recently released an EP entitled, S.E.I.S Chapter 1 (So Easily Inspired to Search). S.E.I.S Chapter 2 is set to release in May 2014. 

I’m excited to hear more about this joint venture partnership he has going on, stay tune because we may be getting the details to that soon. Kudos to Maxxx for staying steady and following his passion. He’s a straightforward guy and could of been one of our campus cuties too, so thats a plus. No matter who or what he prays to I think it’s wonderful that he prays before performing, it shows he has strong beliefs on his side. He’s not just a rapper, he’s and artist and a great friend of mine. So I’ve personally seen parts of this journey he is in. I wish him nothing but the best, from one F&M student to another. I know the hard work and dedication he’s put into his craft and it’ll take him a long way. If you want to check out one of his great performances visit maxxxflair.com for any upcoming shows. Also find him on soundcloud, and make sure to follow him on social media, where he constantly post new projects. Info is above. Here are some links to his more recent creations http://m.soundcloud.com/flamingosis/flamingosis-x-maxxx-flair-x and http://m.soundcloud.com/maxxxflair/aww-hit-prod-by-tru-dat-1
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.