jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Freshman vs. Sophomore Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

The school year is back in full swing, and most of us are excited to get back on campus

and see all of our friends. Being a sophomore this year, I can definitely say it is comforting to

return to a familiar place. Going into freshman year was stressful because I really wasn’t sure

what to expect as far as my rooming situation, my classes, the people, and the campus (I never

“toured” my college). After a year has passed, I feel like a completely different person than who

I was last year. Some may call this the notorious “sophomore slump,” but I call it giving no f*cks

because that’s the honest truth. Here are some contrasting situations I have noticed.

1. Friday night feels

Freshman year:

Sophomore year: 

2. Getting ready for class

Freshman year: 

Sophomore year: 

3. After handing in an assignment

Freshman year: 

Sophomore year: 

4. Meeting new people

Freshman year: 

Sophomore year: 

5. Choosing your classes

Freshman year: 

Sophomore year: 

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.