In Franklin’s Footsteps: Kimmy Fisher ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Sorry John, we’re going to have to go with Ben on this one. Mr. Franklin once said, “energy and persistence conquer all things” and many of F&M’s students are living proof of the wise quip.

This week we are featuring Kimmy Fisher, a junior Business, Organizations, and Society (BOS) major whose drive and determination extends past the field hockey field. In addition to serving as one of the team’s captains, Kimmy is SAAC President and head coordinator of concessions in the athletics departments and was recently promoted to team captain of LanX interns.

LanX is a non-profit local stock exchange in Lancaster that aims to help small to medium size enterprises compete among larger enterprises by teaming the smaller businesses with investors. The investors will donate money and in return the investors get their money from the stock in that company. F&M BOS students intern with the company to gain professional experience in the business field, and the rest of us get to continually enjoy our favorite local spots.

“Students benefit by getting background experience in business, and it’s great practice to meet with investors,” Kimmy explains, “For the smaller businesses, they will have a chance to participate on a larger scale.”
Kimmy is a true “BOS” lady; tracking interns’ hours, delegating tasks, and compiling information for the LanX brochure and website. Meeting with investors and selling the LanX business ideas is no easy feat, even for an athlete accustomed to competition.

“I want to be that girl that lands a deal, that gets a business to invest,” she affirms.  

Molly is a junior at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. Molly is a member of the Zeta Beta chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity, a former field hockey player, and Relationships & College Life writer at ChickSpeak.com. This native Jersey girl can be found hitting the pavement on daily runs, watching Sex and The City, or shopping for the best sales. A self-proclaimed foodie, Molly can out-eat any guy she has dated. Molly is an aspiring writer and is looking to take the publishing world by storm post-graduation.