andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The First 6 Things Everyone Will Do at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

The school year has already come to end for many of you all, and the idea of leaving campus for a whole four months is bittersweet. It’s hard to leave your friends who you have grown close to over the past year and the sense of freedom you feel from being on your own. However, there are perks to coming back home for the summer. Everyone can identify with these, and they will most likely be the things you will be doing for the first week of relishing in your own personal space.

1.    Showering. No flip flops, clean walls, water pressure, and let’s not forget how nice it is to not lug around a shower caddy.

2.    FOOD. Just dedicate one day to eating honestly. It’s amazing not having to actually leave your house to get food sometimes.

3.    Sleeping. After a difficult second semester and finals week, your body needs rest. Not having to set an alarm for a week allows yourself to catch up on sleep, and it’s also nice to actually get some zzz’s without people screaming and playing music outside your door.

4.    Netflix. I don’t remember the last time I watched some of my favorite shows, it seems like I never had any time to relax and watch a few episodes of American Horror Story. So take this free time to stay in bed and cover a whole season. No one’s judging you, we can all relate.

5.    Working. Although the ideal summer vacation would be hanging out with friends and having a free schedule, it’s always a good thing to get back to your summer job. Making hard earned money is the most rewarding, and you’ve got to start saving up for next year.

6.    Driving. Not having a car my freshman year made me appreciate coming home so much. Who cares if you have nowhere to go, just drive around and blast music, maybe stop at a coffee shop, and enjoy being able to not cripple your bank account with Uber charges. 

Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.