Every Girl’s Checklist For a Successful Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Whether you’re a mindless Freshman or a veteran Senior, it seems we always forget something that we will definitely regret the minute you walk out the door. So as classes get out and the social scene around campus begins to broaden your horizon, here’s what you should list of in your head as you and your friends embark on a night of memories. 

1. An outfit that makes YOU feel confident and comfy. Admit it as girls we have to admit we dress to impress, but walking between parties and back to campus you don’t want to wear something that you can’t sit in or be petrified if you get something on it.
  2. A jacket “fraket”. Because the elements have a mind of their own. Clearly don’t bring your brand new moto jacket because it makes your outfit pop, but then have someone take by accident or loose it at a party, because that will happen. Bring that cheap target hoodie or sweatshirt from high school that you wouldn’t care if you never see again.
  3. Sensable shoes. Every party is dark and super crowded so no one will even be looking down at your feet, so that gross pair of converse or booties are perfect because the floors are gross and always slippery. *Side note if attending formal or dressier mixer donot wear those cute strappy sandals you wore to prom because walking around your feet will kill and they will be disgusting by the end of the night a cheap pair of weges from payless or forever 21 is ideal!
  4. Phone/Student ID/ Credit/Debit Card/ and insurance card or pic of the card. Whether you have a case that can hold these cards or a wristlet you should always have your student ID on you. Also a cash card or credit card for those late night runs to Bens Underground or Waffle house, being the champ of the night is awesome so that your friends can vennmo you later. And most kids our age wouldn’t think to have this information but you never know if something happens to you or a friend and you would need this infor for a medical emergency you definetly would be happy you had it available.
  5. Keys and fob on a hairtie. At our school most people don’t brings bags or purses to parties that’s what pockets are for. But you also need your keys so you can make it to bed eventually at the end of the night. Highly popular technique is putting your keys on a hairtie and always wearing them on your wrist. So you can always have your eyes on them and easy access if your running back to your dorm late at night and its raining and you’re the hero that saves your squad from getting soaked!
"People will stare. Make it worth their while." -Harry Winston 
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.