Ed Westwick Allegations: What’s the Deal With Chuck Bass?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Within the past week, Gossip Girl’s very own Chuck Bass, Ed Westwick, has been accused of two sexual assault charges from actress Aurélie Wynn and Kristina Cohen. According to an article in Rolling Stone, Aurélie Wynn was spending time with Westwick and some friends in July of 2014 when the incident occurred.

Image courtesy of Popsugar U.K.

On Tuesday, November 14th Westwick responded to these allegations on Instagram to deny the statement. His post stated

“I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”

(@edwestwick // Instagram)

He also followed with an additional statement on an Instagram post on Thursday, November 9th stating that

“It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provable untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct. I have absolutely not, and I am cooperating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible.”

(@edwestwick // Instagram)

More News Coverage from People Magazine: http://people.com/tv/ed-westwick-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-second-woman/

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.