Chekhov’s Three Sisters at F&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Chekhov’s Three Sisters

This past Friday, I had the opportunity to attend an afternoon showing of Three Sisters, presented by the Department of Theatre, Dance & Film (TDF). Three Sisters is a play that follows the lives of, obviously, three sisters: Olga, Masha, and Irina. They dream of returning to their life in Moscow, but obstacles continuously get in their way. All the characters in this play seem to be searching for something, but they can’t always articulate what that is. Music plays a large role in the play, with each sister’s interior personality manifesting itself through the identity of a musician in the play. One of the sisters will occasionally sing a haunting and beautiful duet with her musician that expresses the emotions they’re feeling.

TDF did a great job with this production. The roles of the three sisters were played by Charlie Wynn (Olga), Clare Fitzgerald (Masha), and Maia Chicherio (Irina). Their musicians were played by Kylee Roles, Charlotte Brooks, and Susan Naramore. All the actors did an amazing job. The performance was directed by Professor Rachel Anderson-Rabern, who did a phenomenal job. Three Sisters was a huge success and I enjoyed every moment of it!

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.