Best Apps for Busy College Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

For many of us, it’s normal to have our phone with us 24/7. Between communicating with friends and family, making plans, updating and checking social media, monitoring our calendars, and keeping an eye on email, smartphones are a pretty vital aspect of our lives. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the amount of information your phone constantly provides you with, but there are plenty of apps available that are designed to make your life easier.

Mint

This app is a lifesaver for people who need to create a budget and stick to it. I know it can be stressful to regularly look at your bank account and see how much you’re spending on sushi and wine (really the only two things a girl needs), but you’re an adult and if you want to become a successful woman, financial responsibility is a part of that. Mint allows you to create a detailed budget, connects to your bank account, and tracks all of your purchases, creating helpful graphs and charts so you can see where you stand at the end of each month.

Qapital

Qapital is a really neat app that helps you save up for goals. You create a Qapital account, connect your bank account, decide what you’d like to save for, and then set up your rules. You can get super creative with sending money to your savings account, either with simple set transfers or a Round-Up rule whenever you use or debit card or even an If This Then That rule (like, if it rains, transfer $5). There are loads of rules to choose from, so have fun!

News app

It’s so important to stay on top of what’s happening in the world today, so download your favorite news app (or several). Get a wide variety of what’s happening in the world today and learn not to rely on Twitter and Facebook for your news.

Spotify

Every woman loves to have her favorite music with her, so download Spotify and start listening. You can customize playlists from your computer and have them with you anywhere. You can also import music that’s already on your laptop. Spotify lets you see what your friends are listening to and is a great tool for discovering new music.

Google Drive

If you have a Gmail account, you already have a Google Drive account as well. More and more people are using Google Drive over Microsoft Word, because Drive makes it easy to share and collaboratively edit files. Many companies use Google Drive and it’s helpful to learn as much as you can about its features. If you have it on your phone, you can easily edit and send papers when you’re on the go, without having to carry your laptop with you at all times.

7 Minute Workout

Maybe you think you’re too busy to fit in time to exercise, but this app gets rid of that excuse. With 7 Minute Workout, you can choose from a variety of workouts or fitness challenges to work through, with each taking seven minutes or less. The app will send you a notification when it’s time to do your daily workout, so you can set a time that usually works for you. You’ll feel better just taking a few minutes each day to exercise.

I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.