Avoid these steps from getting kicked out of the next Frat: How to (not) be “that Person”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Let’s try not getting yakked about this weekend

Y’all, college brings out the best and worst in us, and let’s be honest usually these brilliant moments happen after class hours. Obviously,  I am not condoning using substances as a stress reliever, I’ve personally been and witnessed moments of getting just a little too into that “jam “when it comes on, whatever your method of letting loose may be, college was meant to have these silly experiences.  And with the beauty that is technology, now we can reply these truly amazing moments through pics, videos, snaps, tweets, texts, which creates laughs for some and disgust for others. Admitting my sin as a reviewer every Sunday before bed, like others, going over the social media coverage of the past few nights, these shinning moments spread faster than free food on campus; which is like gold to any student on campus. So let’s help save a few reputations and not follow these common misconceptions that can most indefinite if not get you kicked out of a party, labeled indefinitely at least till the next break comes and goes.

·   Going into private quarters

·   Getting sick in the middle of the dance floor

·   Pissing off the host

·   Getting into a fight, causing a big scene

·   Being the Snitch and calling campus security.

·   Harassing a brother/host

·   Stealing supplies

Concluding this list of special qualities that would definitely make you the “it” person of the night, just remember we are all still kids at heart. Be respectful of the people that are willing to take the risk and host an opportunity to mix with fellow students, because we all make mistakes, that’s what makes us human. We are all young and this is when we are supposed to make those silly moments our drunk relatives laugh about at thanksgiving table; lets just try to avoid getting local authorities involved in the fun that is our youth.

-HCXO

"People will stare. Make it worth their while." -Harry Winston 
Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.